Dubai world

Dubai world

Monday, January 25, 2010

Exhausted yet Exhilarated


It was a day worth celebration ,it was also one that packed us with anticipation and excitement ,it was the first offical PE lesson of 2010.Woohoo! But now, it was the Mother Tongue lesson ,the most insipid lesson of any day ,particularly today. The teacher was always talk, never stopping just like a radio . I love it when our teacher gives us time for group dicussion – time for me and my friends to chat about things irrelevant to lesson . The Chinese teacher had a funny Malasian accent that many of the “ clowns” like to copy. I counted for the bell to ring in anticipation.

I dashed downstairs and when I heard “ 2.4km run” , my heart sank to the lowest point and I sighed in disappointment . “ Oh my god, don't we always play games ? Why are we running this stupid run today,its such a waste of my precious time.” , I complained to my friends as we strolled to the East Coast Park unwillingly. Walking “far too slowly”-as Mr Xiao had commented,we were punished to do push-up .“ What a exhausting thing to do before such a tiring run , you are one crazy teacher .” , I scolded him in my heart.

Without warning , the starting horn sounded. Everyone sprinted as if they were chased by wild dogs. I knew that they wanted to achieve the best but relax ,it is only the start,it is the long run that really matters. Well, the first round was not that bad and I was not breathing as hard as I've imagined. However ,maybe my pace was too slow and I was overtaken of swarms of sprinters . The second round was hell .Not only did latic acid build up in my legs but my stitch was beginning to ac t up. It was excruciating but being determined ,I told myself how important this is and that I could do it.



Determination and perseverance was what really pulled me past the finishing line . I did it!!! I really did it . I screamed silently in exclaimation to myself when I heard my record timing .The happinss was beyond description .The next second ,I was laying on the grass , too exhausted. I learnt that not only does determination and perseverance help you in time of need but hard work is really was matters . My tremendous amount of training during CCA really paid off. Hard work DOES pays just like our motto said “Nil Sine Labore”


^
Breathtaking !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment