Dubai world

Dubai world

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sympathy turns Astray


Looking at the mirror,a faint scar still lies on my left cheek ...

Yesterday was the worst day of my life ,although nothing absolutely disastrous happen but something minor did which thought me an important life-lesson. Finally found seats after penetrating through the crowd , my family and I sat down. The table was filled with empty bowls and plates with a messy array of utensil as we waved our hands for the cleaner to clear our table. “What a day”,i sighed as I felt as impatient as a guy who has not slept for a day wanting to go to bed .
To kill time, my brother glanced all around ,searching for things that would give us a good laugh . Curiosity struck me as he whispered “Look !” , to me, smiling joyously. Everyone's eyes were fixated at one man but instead of escaping everyone's sight ,he continued his “activity”. “That should make an excellent story”, my brother commented. He was a relatively short , extremely skinny,tanned guy who do not seemed like he had anything to eat for two or three days,gulping down whatever that is left over on the plates of a table. “Where did all your sympathy and compassion go?” , I scolded my brother with my face red angrily , “Furthermore ,why did you make such a sarcastic remark?”,I added.
I could not control myself and people near me was stunned that those words actually came out of a mouth of a secondary school student. Some of them even had their head down ,obviously ashamed of themselves. However,the “beggar”(as some of the bystanders called him ) did not bother much about us ,only taking a brief peek. With a big tray of fruit in my hand and a big smile hanging on my face ,i slowly approached him. I held the fruit with both hands and served it to him .Just then,without warning,he dealt a hard punch to my face .My face hurts but my heart hurt even more. My heart was “bleeding”as if it had been pricked by thousands and thousands of needles and fresh tears roll down my eyes .My parents dragged me away ,worrying that he will hurt me further .
I will never forget this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment