Dubai world

Dubai world

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fruitful day at school


As usual ,I woke up early in morning , preparing to go to school after eating breakfast . That day,I arrived at school earlier as I was late the day before . Reaching the classroom, I went to my sit ,depositing my bag before I chatted with my friends . Time flies and soon ,it was time for us to get to the hall for assembly. We followed the usual procedures before watching an unique performance – Wushu . It was stunning to a lot of people but not to me because I had seen this countless times to me.
It was following by the CDE-TTT lesson ,one that usually would have been the time for friends to “ communicate” ( I mean chatting) . It is also one that we do not need to do anything . However ,this lesson is the odd one out ,it was not at all insipid. Its theme is Resilience . We were asked to write down our characteristics and personalities . I ,or rather most of class ,was not serious about the lesson and I briefly jotted the answers. Just as I as anticipating for the insipid lesson to end, a short video was shown on the screen . It was an inspirational one which describes how Nick Vujicic , a man without any limbs .It was ironic that he was benign and optimistic unlike some other people with disabilities who are morose and desperate death-seekers .

During Recess ,I reflected on the lesson today as I was truly touched by his optimisim and courage to live on. I learnt that my biggest weakness is petulance and I would learn to take the humble pie more oftenly. The only difference of a glass half full of water and a glass half empty of water is how you look at it. Life is full of the unexpected so do not be discouraged by any obstacle and remember-NEVER give up. I truly had a fruitful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment